Monday, May 6, 2013

Friends? @WorkPlace?


 It happened a couple of days ago in the smoke zone of my office. I was doing night shift and 
took my dinner break & went there for a smoke after having my meal. I was alone smokin’ 
there, didn’t carry my cellphone, had nothin to do but listen to this gentleman (standing 
next to me), quite elder than me, smoking with an another guy (his junior)). They were into 
a deep sermon. I joined the vacant space lil’ away from them, in the midst of their 
conversation. Initially i thought that it was a general conversation like most of the 
employees does, but eventually i understood that the gentleman was trying to make his fella 
be au fait with something, which was much more serious than i thought .I found the 
conversation so intresting & genuine that i didn’t even bother about my break time which was 
about to exceed, to my manager’s advantage for scoldin’ me.. Fu%K*^g MORON! 
i believe this guy was new in the organization & he was having a hard time settlin’ in & 
did have some problems with his supervisor & fellow team members who were tryin’ to push 
him, so the gentleman, while talking to him said, “Never rely on anyone here, u’ll never 
know who will take advntge of you or push you around, apprearing very helpful & kind to 
you.. just concentrate on your stuff ‘coz ultimately you’ll be reponsible for your own deeds 
here n anywhere in this world, and most importantly you can never make friends at your 
workplace,(due to a lot of certain reasons, i was sure the other guy was kinda emotional) 
someone could be a good colleague but can never be a friend at your workplace”
Instantly it reminded me of a quote from the movie ‘THE GODFATHER’ pt 3.. ‘Friendship & 
Money – Oil & Water’, the lead character DON CORLEONE (potrayed by my favouriate & the best 
of all AL PACNIO) tells this to Archbishop Gilday in a scene where Archbishop Gilday asks 
Don Corleone for help when his friends use the good name of the Church & his, to feed their 
greed and leave him alone to be blamed for seven-hundred million dollar deficit.
What made me stand their & listen to him without caring about my break time was whatever he 
said & was trying to explain his junior colleague was relevant to my thoughts & experience. 
I think it’s an absolute truth that One could never find a friend at his/her workplace, it’s 
wat i’ve obsrvd all these years in different companies, i’ve wrkd with and lot of people do 
not agree with this fact. One can hangout with his/her fellow employees for rounds of booze, 
share memories & cribb about their Boyfriends or Girlfriends, ask for favours, tell them ur 
problems and etc.. But most importantly as the wise gentleman said “You could never rely on 
‘em”, i know one may not agree wt me, infact a lot of ya.. but if u get into the skin of the 
matter, the intensity of the fact, u’ll find your answer! It doesn’t mean one shouldn’t 
trust or disrespect his/her fellow team members, or He/She is always been tried to be pushed 
around by others..’NO’ coz it always affects ur jugdmnt & focus towards the prople around & 
their work. One should treat their fellow employees with all respect, but should also see to 
it that they desrve it. It applies to every individual, to me, you, your friend, 
brother,father,& so on. We should fight our own battle & rely upon ourselves, our self 
confidence & our ‘FAITH’- our true friend sent from The Almighty God.

“For a people who are free, and who mean to remain so, a well – organized and armed militia is their best security”
                                                                                                                       -Thomas Jefferson

No comments:

Post a Comment